Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quick Shabby Chic

I guess winning the Ranger Ink Easter Egg Hunt inspired me to get back to some stamping. I didn't even know about it until 20 minutes beforehand, thanks to reading about it on their Twitter feed. I don't yet know what my prize is.

I decided on a simple shabby chic tag since I don't do a lot embossing. One of things that strikes me getting back into distress techniques the the variety of options to achieving a similar/same result. For instance, instead of leaving the clear embossing on, I could have remelted and lifted it, as in the faux batik technique. Instead of pigment ink to stamp the sentiment, I could have used acrylic paint. Or Perfect Medium with Perfect Peals if I wanted something subtler.

Entering this in Simon Says Stamp and Show: Some Distressing
Also in Stampman Challenge #20: Embossing

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats on winning the egg hunt! I'm sure the prize will be awesome!! Great tag, love the butterfly!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron. Congrats on your Ranger Easter Egg Hunt win! Isn't it fun to win something? Your tag is wonderful! I love these Tim stamps you used! You are so right...the variety of options you can do when distressing is amazing! There are so many, we often forget them if we don't use them very often! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Ranger win, and Enjoy playing with the Goodies they send!
    I LOVE your tag. VERY NICE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooop Whoooop Ron...congrats on the WIN!! and so glad it inspired you to get back to creating....am JUST LOVIN' your tag!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag Ron, the embossing really lifts the images. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win, but especially on this tag... such great ideas for extending it too
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Love the colours x thanks for joining us at the SM challenge x Janet

    ReplyDelete